Posted by A Jaguar in the Library. By Elizabeth Irene Martinez. on 6/28/2020 to Latest book releases
- The Best Peruvian Recipes. Lo Mejor del Sabor Peruano. A color illustrated and extremely practical cookbook for home cooks that want to experience iconic Peruvian dishes.
- Latino rebels engage on disruption and direct action in the 23rd Century. Their protest and rebellion against the powerful face their own set of struggles in a dystopic Cali-Texas.
- On her quest, she encounters the very profound, individual, and structural face of discrimination and the debasing effects of denial of information and library services to Latinos and minorities—let them pay taxes, but don’t let them in the library!
- Voyages of an Oceanless Boat exposes the cracks in our American reality, explores Hood Existentialism, and exonerates and examines the confused and choiceless of the atrocities poverty makes them commit.
- Solo Cholo University chronicles the author's metamorphosis, evolving from the street smarts necessary to survive a gang war zone in East San Jose, California, to achieving educational enlightenment at a higher learning institution.
- Posada’s Unknown Calaveras. "Posada’s engravings are works of art of the highest order. Posada can never be imitated: he can never be defined.” Diego Rivera
- Latin Boy is the story of a boy who, defying abject poverty, gangs, racism, and precarious social conditions, is the first in his family to graduate from high school and the first to graduate from college.
- Latina author shares her personal journey as a wife as well as “the other woman,” within a complex social and political setting in Kuwait.
Ooop! The email you entered isn't valid.
WooHoo! You subscribed successfully.
Ok! You're unsubscribed.